Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Regrets and Egrets

DSC_0273_edited-1

 Snowy Egret, Paine's Prairie March 22, 2010

 



If only



                pondered
the solitary hunter



If only I had struck quicker



                If only
the fish had not turned



                                If
only the humans had not destroyed this prairie



My children might be here in the thousands



                Feeding
and food for an abundance I have only heard about



If only the many humans who watch me hunt



                walking
this path into the rising waters



                                would
 move quicker, turn from desire, and
rebuild this water world



                                                loving
and loved in a abundance 

you have not just heard about

but
fathom when you look at me



If only you would see me



If only



No comments:

Post a Comment